Established in 2015, Pivot operates as a business lending alternative to the traditional banking sector,
targeting companies with borrowing needs between $1 – $10mln. Pivot typically takes an asset-based
approach to senior debt with a product offering that includes revolving lines of credit secured by
receivables and/or inventory, factoring and purchase order financing, as well as complementary or
standalone term loans secured by fixed assets. Pivot also selectively considers term loan cash flow
lending profiles in a senior or subordinated position. Interest rates range from 8-18% with terms
between 6-36 months. Target industries include manufacturing, retail, service and distribution
headquartered in Canada. Transaction profiles include turnarounds, early stage or high sales growth,
or other events resulting in unacceptable leverage by traditional banking standards.
The position of Senior Portfolio Analyst is a key function within the business, requiring high interface
with the group’s active and prospective customer base. Accountabilities include analysis of new lending
opportunities and responding to day-to-day administrative queries with an objective of delivering
exceptional customer service. The role will primarily be office based in mid town Toronto, with the
ability to work remotely 1-2 days a week. Some business travel may be required from time to time.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Assist with the management of a portfolio of 25 small to medium size enterprise clients.
• Review debtor collections daily, ensuring all cash is posted accurately and in a timely manner.
• Review client invoice submissions daily, ensuring all the required paperwork has been
received, to purchase invoices and make funds available for release.
• Ensure client related fees, such as, factoring or interest and principal payments are posted in
an accurate and timely manner.
• Following up with clients on monthly reporting requirements, reviewing to ensure compliance
and identifying deteriorating trends.
• Provide excellent customer service, through building client relationships, answering queries in
a timely manner and assisting with the day-to-day operation of client facilities.
• Actively engage with clients to ensure we are meeting funding needs when possible, actively
promoting and seeking additional income opportunities.
• Review of new credit applications and completion of preliminary analysis in support of
proposal issuances together with the preparation of credit amendment approval requests.
The ideal candidate will be interested in pursuing a career in commercial lending and prepared to
work in a fast-paced demanding environment. The role will be structured to enable the candidate to
progressively assume more accountability within a group staffed with generalists with varying levels
of experience and expertise. Ideally the candidate will possess the following:
• 4 + years of commercial banking or alternative lending experience.
• Bachelor of Commerce or MBA.
• CPA / CFA preferred.
Craig Dootson, Director Portfolio Administration
Pivot Financial Inc.
25 Price Street, Toronto, Ont. M4W 1Z1
Office: (416) 300-9815