Zeifmans is a tax, accounting and consulting firm that understands clients’ needs and the full range of solutions available. We work within the rules to make the rules work for our clients. We give straightforward, intelligent advice that consistently add to our clients’ bottom lines.
As the Manager, Recovery & Reorganization, you will contribute and collaborate with the Partner/President in independent business reviews and assist in restructuring/refinancing of underperforming companies. You will be responsible for administering formal insolvency appointments including bankruptcies, proposals and receiverships.
- Work with the Partner to execute mandates, receiverships corporate bankruptcies, proposals, informal restructurings, and related consulting engagements
- Correspond with all related parties of an engagement.
- Conduct meetings and resolve disputes with stakeholders.
- Assume full accountability for the management and execution of files.
- Provide oversight and control of business operations and asset sales.
- Assess a variety of business issues and work as part of a team in formulating recommendations to the Court, and/or to various stakeholders.
- Prepare written reports to the Court and/or to other stakeholders, in accordance with the mandate of the file.
- Collaborate with legal counsel in dealing with the legal elements.
- Take an active role in industry organizations, events and firm marketing initiatives. Individual marketing and client development preferred.
- Maintain professional competence and stay current in all technical and legal elements of a corporate restructuring practice.
- Other duties and projectsas assigned.
- 3+ years of experience working in professional services, particularly corporate insolvency and complex restructuring engagements
- Accounting experience an asset
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP), Trustee in Bankruptcy License, or near completion of the program
- Professional designation: CPA, CA; CPA, CGA; CPA, CMA (is required)
- Ability to quickly identify the business context and key issues
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees
- Ability to work with many internal and external stakeholders and to negotiate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Promeric Ascend (is preferred)
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Working knowledge of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Strong technical ability and a conscientious approach to assignments.
- Solid business judgment and strong analytical skills and computer skills (particularly, modelling in Excel).
- Ability to travel (as required)
Interested candidates can submit their resume to [email protected]
Great ideas. Positive impact. That’s Zeifmans.
Zeifmans is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.