Bromwich+Smith is seeking a Licensed Insolvency Trustee for our Calgary, Alberta office.
As one of the fastest growing insolvency firms in Canada, our goal and ongoing commitment is to help an even greater number of Canadians find relief from debt. We are an organization of individuals with diverse skills, cultural backgrounds and opinions that collectively make us a leading insolvency firm.
THE COMPANY: We are more then just licensed insolvency trustees. We help our clients through some of the most emotionally challenging times in their lives and we work diligently to assist them in rebuilding their worth.
- We give our clients advice, attention, knowledge, and confidence to overcome financial obstacles.
- We believe in treating all our stakeholders with grace, respect, and professionalism.
As a Licensed Insolvency Trustee with Bromwich+Smith you will own the following:
- Manage consumer bankruptcy and proposal files.
- Provide advice on current bankruptcy laws and practices.
- Participate in the evaluation, disposition, and liquidation of the assets of the estate.
- Work closely with and provide guidance and recommendations to our assets and administration professionals.
- You will maintain ongoing communication with debtors, creditors, the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy and the courts through creditor meetings, reports, and attendance at court.
- You will manage court files, including the taxation of fees.
- You will, as required, assist our offices in Edmonton, British Columbia, and Ontario.
- From time to time, you be called upon to assist other Trustee’s within the firm to lend your expertise with client assessments.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- You are a fully Licensed Insolvency Trustee (Chartered Insolvency and Re-Structuring Professional, CIRP)
- You have three (3) or more years of experience in the capacity of a Licensed Insolvency Trustee
- You have excellent knowledge and understanding of insolvency laws, rules, and procedures
- You are able to prioritize high work loads and effectively multitask
- You have excellent written/verbal communication
- You are able to liaise with staff and outside parties
- You are committed to teamwork and client service
NICE TO HAVE:
- Accounting designation CPA, CA, CMA, CGA, considered an asset.
- Experience working with the Insolvency Practitioners System (IPS), considered an asset.
YOU WILL DEMONSTRATE SUCCESS BY:
- Adhering to our core values of ethics, integrity, honesty and unwavering commitment to our stakeholders.
- By demonstrating the ability to adapt to digital tools and being in alignment with ongoing progressively innovative improvements in the workplace.
- You are committed to ongoing learning and professional development.
WHY WORK WITH BROMWICH+SMITH:
- You will be part of one of the fastest growing insolvency firms in Canada spanning Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario.
- We offer competitive industry renumeration with annual incremental reviews and the opportunity to be recognized for your outstanding contribution with annual bonus.
- We have great group benefits, wellness days, and company matched group savings program.
- We are in a newly renovated office, centrally located in downtown Calgary with ample access to parking and transit connections.
- We offer a company paid monthly transit pass.
- We have a fully equipped gym in our building.
- We recognize our team with anniversary incentives and company paid lunches to celebrate birthdays and new team members.
- Bromwich+Smith believes in our clients and we believe in our community. We participate in and lend financial support to charity walks, social events that benefit the community, and support the health of our city by lending our hand to worthwhile causes, such as the Ronald McDonald House.
How Should You Apply?
+ Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
+ Tell us how your skills align with the requirements of this position.
*We thank you for your interest in Bromwich+Smith. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.